Re: Frescobaldi 0.7.5 released

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 0.7.5 released
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:12:40 -0600

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Hi all,

with great pleasure I announce the release of Frescobaldi 0.7.5.
http://lilykde.googlecode.com/files/frescobaldi-0.7.5.tar.gz

Changes:

* New command to change the pitch names in a LilyPond document to another
  language
* In Edit-menu:
   * New command to cut a piece of text and assign it to a variable
   * New shortcut (Ctrl+;) to repeat the last entered music expression
   * New shortcut (Ctrl+.) to expand a short string to user-definable pieces
     of LilyPond input. When no shortcut is typed a dialog is opened where
     shortcuts can be chosen and edited.
   * New shortcuts (Alt+Up and Alt+Down) to jump between blank lines, c.q.
     insertion points

The on-line user guide has been improved: http://www.frescobaldi.org/uguide.html

Frescobaldi is a LilyPond sheet music editor for KDE4. It aims to be powerful, yet lightweight and easy to use. More info: http://www.frescobaldi.org/

enjoy!
Wilbert Berendsen

I'd really like to try this tool but am having some trouble installing it. KDE is not my natural habitat so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

First I can't get lilypond-kde4 installed. After installing the kde4-devel packages I got the configuration to run successfully, but when I run "make" I get the following output:

address@hidden:~/Desktop/lilypond-kde4-0.2$ make
[ 33%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ktexteditservice.dir/ktexteditservice.o /home/jon/Desktop/lilypond-kde4-0.2/ktexteditservice.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’: /home/jon/Desktop/lilypond-kde4-0.2/ktexteditservice.cpp:63: error: ‘fromPercentEncoding’ is not a member of ‘QByteArray’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/ktexteditservice.dir/ktexteditservice.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ktexteditservice.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
address@hidden:~/Desktop/lilypond-kde4-0.2$

Can you see what I need to fix? I suspect that if I can fix this, then I can probably get Frescobaldi running as well.

Thanks,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp