Re: sample from snippets library doesn't seem to work correctly?

From: Chip
Subject: Re: sample from snippets library doesn't seem to work correctly?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:59:21 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Chip wrote:
One thing I find odd, probably because I don't fully understand, is this: I have a .ly file that has 10 \score blocks. I place print-all-headers = ##t in the \paper block so I can define sub pages headers seperately from the top level \book headers. I first define: title, subtitle and instrument headers at the top level \book, then do a page break, that gives me a cover page. On the subsequent pages of music I define title and subsubtitle. I also define a blank subtitle = "" which blanks out the subtitle from the \book top level. And I define instrument = "" but it does not blank out the instrument from the top level \book headers. Seems odd that one will override the top level header and one will not. I am guessing there is probably an override that I can use to have the instrument header not appear on the subsequent pages?
thanks,
It's not so odd if you realize what is handled at the book level and what is handled at the score level. When you set print-all-headers=##t, you tell LilyPond to typeset the full title at the score level, i.e. for each single score. However, the page heading and foot is still handled at the book level, so it only takes into account the settings that are done at the book level, not the ones that are done within each score block (which I guess is what you do when you set instrument = "").

   /Mats
I found a workaround - by changing the \book header 'instrument' to 'subsubtitle' the instrument name is now not appearing on the subsequent pages because the \score level headers are taking their place.
--
Chip

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3844 (20090211) __________

http://www.eset.com