Re: chord symbols as plain text

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: chord symbols as plain text
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:41:06 +1000

Tao Cumplido wrote:
Hi,

in the past I used to create chord symbols as plain text by just placing a
Lyrics context above the staff used with an own font.
I don't like the way LP handles chordsymbols right now, nor do I like the font
it uses.
The only thing I was missing in my way was the possibility to transpose the
chord symbols. Now the thread started by Carl Sorensen some time ago made me
get into scheme and write a function which makes this possible.

Well, I finally finished my function and wanted to share it here in case
someone might find it useful. Thanks to Carl for all the great help.

A very impressive piece of work, with great looking output. Thanks for sharing the font as well.

If one's needs are less elaborate, one can get a similar overall look for normal chords with

\layout {
       \context {
           \ChordNames
\override ChordName #'font-family = #'roman }