Re: controlling the alignment of FretBoards

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: controlling the alignment of FretBoards
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 22:29:03 +0100

Eluze wrote:
looking at the example(s) (\sourcefileline 765 and following) in _notation
reference_ the  finger indications seem to be on the same line and so do the
top fret lines (in the pdf and html version).

when i compile these examples the results look different and unbalanced:

I get different results: The current (2.12.2) online NR 2.4.1 at line 782 has neither the first fret nor the fingering aligned. It looks prrety much like your align_chordmode.png. If I run the 782 snippet with my 2.12.1, it is aligned. The F chord has no open/mute indications, so maybe it is less constrained vertically. The following variation outlines the diagrams to reveal any vertical gaps:
% ****************************************************************
\include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"
mychords = \chordmode{
 c1 f g
}

<<
 \context ChordNames {
   \mychords
 }
 \context FretBoards {
\override FretBoard #'stencil = #(lambda (grob) (box-stencil (fret-board::calc-stencil grob ) 0 0))
   \mychords
 }

Cheers,
Robin