multimeasure rest with no number of measures?

From: Chip
Subject: multimeasure rest with no number of measures?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:30:37 -0700

I would like to use a multi-measure rest, the long horizontal solid bar style, to indicate a rest period of any number of measures. I am trying to print lead sheets for some raggae music and the singer often changes things from one gig to the next. The horn players just listen for certain cues to indicate when they should play. I want a multi-measure rest with no number on it. Should be able to make on with any number then make the number invisible?
Thanks,
Chip