vertical system spacing -adjusting only selected systems

From: Tom Hall
Subject: vertical system spacing -adjusting only selected systems
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:00:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hello List

I have a piece of music for a solo (single stave) instrument, with about 10
systems per page. Of those, I use \bar "||" \break for about two systems per
page, and wish to add additional space/padding before the next system in those
cases (these breaks separate subsections of the piece that still occur on the
same page).

How best to do this? Notation  Ref. 4.4.2 Vertical spacing between systems
doesn't seem relevant, as applies to _all_ systems?

4.4.3 Explicit staff and system positioning seems to mean that I'll need to set
the explicit position for each of my (say) 10 staves, including working out line
breaks for each, and, I guess, page breaks too?

Is there an easier way to overide default system break spacing for only selected
systems? Any other thoughts about how I could go about this?

Regards

Tom