garbled characters in gmane archive (user)

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: garbled characters in gmane archive (user)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:55:13 -0800 (PST)

Tom Hall wrote:
> I understand the way to put special characters into markup
> is as below (from Mark's reply to the stopwach question
> below - although missing the struck out letters - read on).
>
> But how do I strike out the "char" part in LilyPond (Mac
> X.4.11)? Unlike, other charcters, like δΈ­, for example, it
> doesn't seem possible to cut and paste these struck out
> letters into the lily editor.

Those characters were not struck-out when I sent them, and I
have no idea how that happened. However, I notice that the
characters were formatted correctly in the gnu archive...
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-01/msg00896.html
...but were "struck-out" in the gmane one:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/44760

- Mark