Re: notes for toms and floortoms

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: notes for toms and floortoms
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:43:53 -0800 (PST)

Herman wrote:

> ... an open circle with a line through it. ...
> I looked in lilypond if this symbol is available,  but
> I coudn't find it. Is there a way to generate it?

Yes. Using scheme and postscript, you can generate
your own stencil and substitute your stencil in
place of the default notehead (see the attached file).

\override NoteHead #'stencil = #circSlashStil

Although to be honest, I don't know how to make this
work in drummode, which (obviously) is a requirement.

After glancing at the docs (NR 2.5.1)...
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Common-notation-for-percussion#Custom-percussion-staves
... it looks likeDrumStaff.drumStyleTable expects
glyph-names, and I don't know how to make a glyph-
name for my stencil.

Does anyone know? I think I've done the hardest part,
coding the stencil, and the last step ought to be
trivial. I just can't figure it out.

- Mark