RE: [ANN] Frescobaldi 0.7 released, a new LilyPond music editor

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: [ANN] Frescobaldi 0.7 released, a new LilyPond music editor
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:59:52 +1100

While you are inputting the notes, you can use showLastLength to only engrave
the last n bars for checking. That makes it pretty quick. Eg In my present
score I have

showLastLength = R1*3/4*6

which only engraves the last six bars of 3/4 time. The piece I'm working on at
the moment now takes 23 seconds to build the whole score, but with
showLastLength it only takes three seconds to engrave those last six bars.

Nick