RE: frontmatter

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: frontmatter
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:38:45 +1100

I've used it a couple of times to provide a separate title page. For example
(SpectrumMT SC being a small caps font I have installed):

\paper {
        #(set-paper-size "a4")
        top-margin = 1.5\cm
        bottom-margin = 1.5\cm
        line-width = 18\cm
        ragged-bottom = ##f
        ragged-last-bottom = ##f
        oddHeaderMarkup = \markup
        \fill-line {
                \null
                \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty
#'header:instrument
                \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
\bookpart-page-number
        }

        evenHeaderMarkup = \markup
        \fill-line {
                \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
\bookpart-page-number
                \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty
#'header:instrument
                \null

\header {
        title = \markup {
                \override #'(font-name . "SpectrumMT SC")
                \lower #60 \column \center-align {
                        \fontsize #5 \smallCaps "Prelude in C minor" \lower
#2 \normalsize "Agustín Barrios Mangoré (1885-1944)"}

date = #(strftime "%d/%m/%Y" (localtime (current-time)))
copywrite = #(strftime "Copyright © %Y" (localtime (current-time)))

% notes and score setup go here

\bookpart {
        \header {
                title = \markup "Prelude in C minor"
                tagline = \markup { \override #'(font-name . "SpectrumMT
SC") \center-align
                        \fontsize #-3.5
                        {
                                \center-align