Re: rearrange music flow

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: rearrange music flow
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 15:41:31 -0700

On 1/4/09 1:27 PM, "Antanas Budri?nas" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2009/1/3 Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden>:
>> Antanas,

>> You need to put \lyricsmode { ala ala }, because the content is lyrics,
>> not notes.

>>> { alb alb }

>>> { bla bla }

>>> { blb blb }

> This idea (lyrics in parallelStaffs) seems not easy to implement and
> it would be rarely handy. For example: by rests in particural voice I
> can avoid "sylable has no note attached" error only using \skip
> function.

Putting lyrics in a score is easy, as long as you don't want to generate a
bunch of segments with lyrics to put together.

AssociatedVoice works best (maybe only) with lyrics that have durations
added.

There needs to be some development work to really make this idea work
properly.  It's on my todo list, but will be a while before I get to it.

> I decided not to fead lyrics to parallelStaffs function, but
> anotherway (in \score) lyrics goes above or below Grandstaff only. I
> can't imagine how to place lyrics directly by staff they belongs, when
> in Lily code the lyrics are not in direct sequence to this staff or
> voice.
>
> Any hints?

See  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/37493
for a template that shows how to place lyrics in a lead sheet,
and see the templates section of the Learning Manual for several examples of
mixing lyrics and staffs.

HTH,

Carl