Re: Linux question

From: ljc
Subject: Re: Linux question
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 11:02:13 -0200

Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> writes

I'm currently a Windows XP user. I would like to mount Linux on an old
(circa 2002) Dell laptop my daughter is going to pass along to me. I've
narrowed my choices to Ubuntu, Kubuntu, or Debian (a distant third).

i don't use ubuntu or any other debian-based distributions, but i'd suggest taking a look at xubuntu (http://www.xubuntu.org/), yet another variation of ubuntu using the (relatively) lightweight xfce desktop. i think it could be very appropriate for machines with somewhat limited resources (or for any machine, for that matter).

i wish you a happy linux experience.

lj