Re: Move slur for acciaccatura

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Move slur for acciaccatura
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 21:16:07 +0100

Nick Payne wrote:
The slurs on the acciaccaturas in my score are all defaulting to above the
stems of the grace notes, even when the grace notes are on or above the
middle of the stave and their stems are up. How can I move the slurs to
appear beneath. I tried using

                        \once \override PhrasingSlur #'direction = #DOWN
                        \acciaccatura { d16[ e16] } d8 c\> d2\! ~
You have already received useful answers, but nobody has
explained why your attempt didn't work. If you had replaced
PhrasingSlur with Slur, it should work as you had expected.
What made you think that the slur of the acciaccatura was
a phrasing slur?

  /Mats