Re: midi keyboard input

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: midi keyboard input
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:38:51 -0500

>>>>> "lasconic" == lasconic  <address@hidden> writes:

    lasconic> Another way is to use MuseScore :
    lasconic> http://www.musescore.org Lilypond output is quite beta
    lasconic> for the moment, but to get the pitches it should be ok I
    lasconic> guess.

That's actually easier than I expected.  Thanks for pointing it out --
it's certainly easier to deal with than any of the connecting jack to
external synthesizers I've played with.  And to get .ly output you
just say "save as" and tell it you want lilypond and where to put it.
Very civilized for a GUI.

The most obvious thing wrong with the note entry is that each measure
has a comment "% measure 1".  If it had the actual measure number it
would be useful.

    lasconic> MIDI input is working on windows and linux.
    lasconic> You can even use a prerelease for ubuntu :
    lasconic> http://prereleases.musescore.org/linux/

Actually it's easier than that -- I just said "apt-get install
mscore".

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I had to breathe more frequently (but take smaller breaths), but also
to use all the air I had in reserve, and not mistake the lack of
oxygen for the need to breathe.

Eric Haas (on learning Baroque flute after playing oboe)