Re: ANN: MIDI input plugin for jEdit

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: ANN: MIDI input plugin for jEdit
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:40:42 -0700

I suppose that one could write a function that searches for the pitch
preceding the caret in the text area and modifies it enharmonically.
By assigning a keyboard shortcut you would then have the ability to
enter ees from the MIDI keyboard and change it to dis by pressing
CTRL-something. This is probably beyond my current skills, and it may
be just as fast to type the pitches that have unusual spellings in a
given key.

This does bring up the point that MIDI input can be a tremendous
timesaver for strongly diatonic music, but may not be as helpful for
highly chromatic passages.

Andrew