Re: beams in a two quarter bar

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: beams in a two quarter bar
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:56:02 +0000

Hi Stefan,

2008/12/29 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:
> Dear lilypond-users,
> I have the following, I guess very simple problem, that I can't solve.
> How can I get the beams in the below quoted example automatically?

I'm afraid this is more complicated than it used to be, since you need
to do two things:

- revert the default auto-beam setting (as described here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Beams#Setting-automatic-beam-behavior),
using revert-auto-beam-setting.

#(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 2 4) 1 4)

- override the default beatLength so it's no longer one crotchet;
instead make it the length of the bar:

\set beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 2)

Carl, it seems that the auto-beam setting default here is redundant,
since it matches the default beatLength.  Should we remove the default
in this case?

Regards,
Neil