Re: emailed lilypond pdf's printout missing note bodies on reciepent's c

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: emailed lilypond pdf's printout missing note bodies on reciepent's computer
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:45:39 +0100

Am 2008-12-24 um 20:01 schrieb John Mislan:

I have sent, via email, a lilypond pdf to be printed out so the receiver may be able to play the piece - unfortunately, they're printout was not legible.

All the note bodies were printed as small squares, but it seems all else -
lines, bars, ties, flags, etc were intact.

I'm guessing the receipents computer did not have the feta, or a suitable font
installed.

LilyPond embeds all needed fonts in its PDFs, so there's no need to install the fonts anywhere.

But I had complaints about "wrong" PDFs myself, I could never resolve what the error caused.

Maybe
- some versions of LilyPond had bugs so that not all fonts were embedded (definitely not V.2.10.33)
- some versions of some PDF viewers can't handle the Feta font

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm