Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: lilypondtool
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:21:37 +0100

As you are using windows, I recommend using LilyPondTool, which enables much better point-and-click experience.

See http://lilypondtool.organum.hu

Quoting Henning Plumeyer <address@hidden>:

Hope, this is the right place to post this:

I just installed
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/mingw/lilypond-2.11.65-1.mingw.exe
on a new Windows machine.
I found, that a new protocol "textedit" gets installed.
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\textedit\shell\open\command)

The command in this registry key is:
"D:\Programme\LilyPond\usr\bin\guile.exe" -e main -s
"D:\Programme\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-invoke-editor.scm" "%1"

The script after -s exists, but without the extension ".scm", its name is
just "lilypond-invoke-editor".

I opened a pdf file with Point and Click links in Adobe Reader. I just saw
a black commandline-window which dissapeared immediately.

I added the missing extension .scm to lilypond-invoke-editor. I tried again
and I got the same result.

Trying this commandline (I could read the last parameter in a popup in
Adobe Reader when I moved the mouse cursor to a note) in a separate
window:....

c:\>"D:\Programme\LilyPond\usr\bin\guile.exe" -e main -s
"D:\Programme\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-invoke-editor.scm"
"D:/Profile/h/Eigene%20Dateien/Notensatz/Gloria.ly:94:37:51"

...I see this error message:

lilypond-invoke-editor (GNU LilyPond) 2.11.65
ERROR: no code for module (scm editor)

I found a file
D:\Programme\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\scm\editor.scm.

It seems to me that guile.exe does not find the module, but I don't
know scheme.

-Henning