Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:52:06 -0800 (PST)

Bert,

I don't know to what extent my particular system
affects the following issues, but here are some
questions and comments.

QUESTIONS:
1) What does "Use complex parser" mean?
2) What effect does "Enable experimental features" have?
2) my PDF file path has contains spaces, but I don't
   want to move AcroRd32.exe out of \Reader 9.0\ or
   for that matter \Program Files\. Any workaround?
3) How do I set an .ly file as the "main file"?

COMMENTS:
1) MIDI won't play unless I explicitly set
   #(ly:set-option 'midi-extension "midi")
2) reverse point-and-click seems buggy
3) 3 java.lang.NullPointerException errors occur
   simply upon loading jEdit
4) clicking "LilyTool Help" generates the following
   dialog box:

   The file
   jeditresource:LilyPondTool.jar!/doc/users-guide.html
   could not be loaded due to an I/O error.
   (java.io.IOException: Resource not found:
   LilyPondTool.jar!/doc/users-guide.html)

5) This probably doesn't apply to me, or at least I
   don't understand it, but clicking on any of the
   Wizard options in the Development menu generates
   errors like this one:

   Sourced file: inline evaluation of:
   ``    import lilytool.macrohelp.InputDialog;
     dlg=new InputDialog("Template wizar . . . ''
   Token Parsing Error: Lexical error at line 18,
   column 35.  Encountered: "\r" (13), after : "\"##":
   <at unknown location>

6) syntax highlighting misses some commands? Here's
   a list of presumed discrepancies:

highlighted as FUNCTION, should be KEYWORD3(?)
\arpeggioArrowUp
\arpeggioArrowDown
\arpeggioNormal
\ottava
\pointAndClickOn
\pointAndClickOff
\textLengthOn
\textLengthOff

highlighted as FUNCTION, should be KEYWORD4(?)
\abs-fontsize
\backslashed-digit
\concat
\draw-line
\harp-pedal
\larger
\page-ref
\rounded-box
\underline

partially highlighted as KEYWORD1, should be KEYWORD4(?)
\with-color
\with-dimensions
\with-url

partially highlighted as KEYWORD3, should be KEYWORD4(?)
\center-align
\center-column
\left-align
\left-column
\right-align
\right-column

partially highlighted as KEYWORD4, should be entirely KEYWORD4(?)
\fret-diagram-terse
\fret-diagram-verbose
\hcenter-in
\justify-field