Re: Just chords and lyrics.

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Just chords and lyrics.
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:15:13 -0600

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

On 11/28/08 4:47 AM, "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden> wrote:

There's major problem with your proposed \hideAll (or whatever you want
to call it), namely
that the hidden voice will influence the placement of the other voices,
since LilyPond will
try to avoid collisions with the hidden note heads. Therefore, this
solution is not really working
if you want to use it to align lyrics to a hidden Voice in a Staff that
also contains other voices.

When I used it to align lyrics to partcombined music, I simply transposed
the voice I used with lyricsto up an octave, and everything seemed to work
fine.

Carl

Carl,

I sort of lost track of this but now that the semester is over I can update the docs about this topic and put my examples of "just chords & lyrics" either right in the docs or send to Valentin for the snippet list. When you get a chance would you send me the latest .itely file? BTW I'm not sure whether this topic belongs in fretted strings or in chords or what. Any thoughts? The fretted-strings.itely file used to have the @TODO about it, but it could just as easily go in a different place.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com