Re: unfold and tremolo have different math

From: Daniel Hulme
Subject: Re: unfold and tremolo have different math
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 09:27:17 +0000

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 12:15:16AM +0100, james wrote:
> Sorry, cut off. How does this apply \times 2/3 { c8 c c} \times 2/3 {c c
> c} \times 2/3 {c c c} is 9 repetitions of the note c, expressed as a
> tremolo, this should be \repeat tremolo 9 \times 2/3 {c8}

Does it matter? Your example only does tremolo of single notes and
chords anyway, so why don't you use the other tremolo feature, of
writing c2.:8 As a percussionist, I think if such a marking came up in
some music that's in three I'd play it in the way you describe. If you
want to be completely unambiguous about the number of notes, or if your
actual music isn't in three, write them out in full (with unfold).

--
"Listen to your users, but ignore what they say." - Nathaniel Borenstein
http://surreal.istic.org/         The revolution will not be snowcloned.