Re: combine dynamics of 2 voices

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: combine dynamics of 2 voices
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:12:45 -0000

Gilles Sadowski wrote Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:34 PM

Hi.

I would like to print on the same staff two parts of wind instruments
(flutes, clarinettes...) but if I use << { \partI } \\ { \partII } >> or
\partcombine { \partI } { \partII }, the dynamics are not merged when
they are the same. I get the same crescendo et decrescendo above and
below the staff which is not very nice.

Any clue?

You can use "\tag".

Or put the dynamics in a separate variable using spacer rests and
combine it with the parts as required.

Trevor