Re: jpedal slowness

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: jpedal slowness
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 07:52:39 +0100

> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for posting this.  I'm trying to make it work now but having
> trouble.  I'm getting this error message:
>
> [: 81: filename.ly: unexpected operator
>
> Line 81 has the closing "fi" (I added a line at the top for the geany
> editor, so this is probably line 80 in your original file).

0. What OS are you using ?

1. What shell are you running ? ( The script was made for sh or bash )

2. What line did you add at the top ?

3. Is "filename.ly" an existing, correct lilypond file or are you trying
to start a new project ? To script needs either an error free existing
lilypond file, or a new filename + an existing error free
LILYPOND_INITFILE defined in the header of the script. Did you edit the
variable LILYPOND_INITFILE to point to a valid lilypond file that you
want to use as a template ?

4. Another thing to try: make sure the file has unix lineendings by
running the dos2unix utility on it. Sometimes mail clients screw up
attachments. I'll attach a gzipped version of the script to prevent
this. Maybe you could also try this one.

5. Currently the only way to quit the script is hitting Control-C. A
little bit rude, I admit. If anyone can think of a more elegant solution
please let me know.

We should be able to make things work. No problems on my system.

--

Martin Tarenskeen