Re: dissonant chords

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: dissonant chords
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:13:44 -0500

On Thursday 27 November 2008, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did anyone ever try to typeset dissonant chords like { < c cis d
> } ? I
> > can remember having seen chords like this frequently in Bela
Bartok's
> > Mikrokosmos book V or VI , edition Boosey & Hawkes.
> >
> > I don't have a scan or a scanner, but it would approximately look
> > something like this:
> >

> >              0
> >             0|#0
> >              |/

This is better than the "Y" way because it can be used in many more
situations. It is not as good IMO as using a zero tuplet bracket,
which could be used to assemble *any* combination of stems, voices,
and notes. daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards