Re: Multiple right-aligned lines in composer field

From: james
Subject: Re: Multiple right-aligned lines in composer field
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:08:40 +0100

If you insist on using 2.10, then you need to use \right-align in addition to \column http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Overview-of- text-markup-commands#Overview-of-text-markup-commands
I am using LilyPond 2.10.33 to arrange a few Radiohead tunes, so in the composer field I want to write the following long text which spans two lines:

    Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,
       Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood

The composer field is right-aligned, and so I want both of these two lines to be right-aligned, too. However, if using \column, the second line gets left-aligned with reference to the first:

    composer = \markup \column {
      "Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,"
      "Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood" }
    }

yielding

    Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,
    Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood

And using center-aligned doesn't cut it, either:

    composer = \markup \center-align {
      "Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,"
      "Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood" }
    }

yielding

    Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,
     Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood

I notice in the Notation Reference for LilyPond 2.11 that a new command, \right-column, is available, which would probably accomplish what I want. However, I'm stuck with 2.10. How do I get the alignment I want?