Re: problems with learning lilypond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problems with learning lilypond
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 01:28:37 -0800

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 01:24:35AM -0800, John Sellers wrote:
>    Understood, and no argument....here then is another suggestion...if this
>    tutorial is as good as you say.  Make sure it crosses the paths of newbies
>    enough that they will end up reading before they get in as deep as I have.

... umm, WHAT?!

Are you seriously claiming that you couldn't find the "Learning
Manual" link?  Top-left on the Documentation page?

1) go to lilypond.org
2) click on "documentation"
3) click on "documentation for 2.11"
4) click on "Learning manual"
5) click on "1.2 About the documentation" or "2. Tutorial"

If you can find the documentation, you can find the tutorial.  And
if you can't find the documentation... well, some programs can be
used without reading the docs; lilypond is not one of them.

>    I have never looked at the tutorial in question is that I do not use
>    anything beyond the current working stable version---actually the cygwin
>    verison.   Is this learning tutorial going to be part of a stable version
>    soon or might it be a good idea to patch up a generic version of the same
>    that lies in the path of very newbie so obviously that they will get the
>    message and go through it?

2.12 will be released soon, and it contains all the latest docs.

- Graham