Re: How to make note spacing disregard lyrics

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: How to make note spacing disregard lyrics
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:39:18 -0000

Eyolf

Changing "tus _" into "tu s" etc looks better, as all the syllables are then two characters long. Seems rather inelegant though, and I suspect this might not work very well with some line lengths.

Another alternative is to make all the syllables the same length with

 \override Lyrics.LyricText #'X-extent =#'(0 . 2.5)

(try varying the (0 . 2.5) a bit)

which works quite well for 2- and 3-letter syllables. Might not be so good with longer ones. You could always set the length of every syllable separately, but this seems impractical.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eyolf Østrem" <address@hidden>