Re: must I build?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: must I build?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:31:41 +0100

2008/11/25 John Mangual <address@hidden>:
> Can you walk me through building Lilypond from the Source? I'm using
> Kubuntu.  I downloaded the source from Git

You'll need all the dependencies that are listed on
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Requirements.html

Beware: you need the -devel packages too (e.g. you need both python
and python-devel)

Then :

cd lilypond/

./configure

(here you'll probably have some dependencies missing, unless you're
very lucky ;-)

if (when) you have fulfilled all dependencies, then type

make all

(here you'll have to wait for 20 to 80 minutes, depending on your computer)

then type:

sudo make install

Cheers,
Valentin