Re: Using the 'avoid-slur property

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Using the 'avoid-slur property
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:43:53 +0000

Hi Patrick,

2008/11/24 Patrick McCarty <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to modify the 'avoid-slur property for various grobs, but
> Fingering is one of the few grobs that I've had success with.
>
> According to the Internals Reference, DynamicText and TextScript
> support 'avoid-slur.  Is there anything I'm doing wrong in the
> following example?

They both support script-interface, but not necessarily all the
properties available.

> %% BEGIN %%
> \version "2.11.64"
>
> \new Staff \relative c' {
>  \slurDown
>  %% changed from the default setting
>  \override DynamicText #'avoid-slur = #'inside
>  g2( g' \sf
>  g,1)
> }

DynamicText grobs are filtered out in the acknowledger for scripts, so
there's no scope for 'avoid-slur to have any effect.  Allowing them to
be acknowledged doesn't fix the problem (it just results in Issue #30
reappearing).

> \new Staff \relative c' {
>  \slurDown
>  %% changed from 'around
>  \override TextScript #'avoid-slur = #'inside
>  g2( g'_"Test"
>  g,1)
> }

You need to switch off 'outside-staff-priority, since it takes
precedence over 'avoid-slur.

Regards,
Neil