Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Tim Slattery
Subject: Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:04:35 -0500

"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

>The Vista fix for LilyPond releases for and after 2.11.42 is to uncheck the
>"Automatically adjust .." box, delete ~/.lilypond-fonts.cache-2 and run
>LilyPond again to rebuild the cache.  The "Automatically adjust ..." box
>can then be checked again and all should thereafter work correctly.

>For releases earlier than 2.11.34 the font cache was saved in
>~/.fontconfig.  Otherwise I guess the fix is the same.

I couldn't find either of these files anywhere on my machine. I
unchecked the DST box and ran the program a couple of times. No
change.

So I downloaded and installed 2.11.64. The first time I ran it, there
was the long wait again, though it was only about 30 seconds instead
of the 50 seconds that 2.10.33 had been taking. The second time, no
wait at all!

--
Tim Slattery
address@hidden