Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:32:23 +0000

Hi Jon,

2008/11/15 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:
> Trevor Daniels wrote:
>>

>> Yes.  Could you check the creation date of the large cache file,
>> and if that date is within your daylight saving period try
>> deleting the entire lilypond font cache, ie delete the
>> .lilypond-fonts.cache-2 directory so the font cache is rebuilt
>> from scratch.  Maybe a long shot but worth a try.  See my other
>> recent note for details of why.
>>
>> Trevor
>>
> I did this to no effect.  It still rebuilds the cache each time I run
> Lilypond.  :(

What happens if you untick `Automatically adjust clock for daylight
saving changes'?

I haven't had any problems even though my cache was created in April,
but forcing a rebuild results in the same delay you're experiencing
every time unless the automatic clock adjustment is turned off for the
first run.

Regards,
Neil