Re: Lighter appearance

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lighter appearance
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:20:04 -0700

On 11/14/08 2:27 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 09:50:01PM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
>> 2008/11/14 Johan Vromans <address@hidden>:
>>>
>>> While comparing the LilyPond gegerated output with the output of a
>>> competitor program, I noticed that the LP outout is much 'heavier'.
>>>

>> This is not the default output of LilyPond.
>
> I agree -- are you sure the top line isn't from Finale or
> something?  It looks incredibly bad.  WTF is up with the gap
> between the sixteenth and eighth in the second bar from the end?!
> LilyPond would *not* produce that.

I set that exact line in LilyPond 2.11.64.  I needed to do some manual
beaming to get the same beaming as in the top line.

The rest glyphs look in Johan's sample look identical to those in the
LilyPond output.

The note spacing in Johan's sample is dramatically different (worse) than in
my LilyPond output.  The staff lines in my LilyPond output are lighter than
those in Johan's sample.  The slurs in my output are lighter than those in
Johan's sample.  The noteheads in my output are heavier than those in
Johan's output, but not as large as those in his Sibelius output.

For your reference, I've attached my LilyPond output.

Carl