Re: fontconfig caches

From: Bailey James E .
Subject: Re: fontconfig caches
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:34:59 +0100

Ah, that's a bit closer. I have fonts.conf in /usr/local/etc/fonts/ but it tells me that editing it would be pointless, since it will be overwritten the next time the fontconfig cache is built, and I should instead use local.conf. I assumed I could just add local.conf to my ~/ etc/fonts/, and that the lilypond fonts.conf would be sufficient for my new local.conf. Unfortunately, I still get the fontconfig cache built in each directory I run lilypond in. I thought maybe because normal users don't usually have access to write to /usr/local/ that might be a problem, but even when I have fontconfig write the default cache to ~/etc/fonts/ it rebuilds the font cache in the working directory, and I even tried making myself an administrator, but that didn't help either. Ah well, at its longest, rebuilding the cache takes 10 seconds. I can live with that once per directory. I just wish I didn't have the annoying NONE/ all the time.