Re: The behavior of a \score block

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: The behavior of a \score block
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:41:38 +0100

I hope you have read the documentation for version 2.11, since
it has been heavily revised and improved compared to the
documentation for version 2.10 (and it applies almost completely
also to version 2.10 if you happen to use that).

In particular, you should find answers to most of your questions
in section 3.1 "How LilyPond input files work" of the Learning
manual.

   /Mats

Dany wrote:
Hello,

I've read Lilypond's documentation, and something has been bothering me: what is
a \score block? I mean what does it actually do? For instance, what is the
difference between entering a \score block and writing \new Score? I haven't
found anything about it in the documentation except concerning its use within a
markup expression.

Besides, it seems that this \score block is delimited with braces, but when you
want to enter music inside, you have to put a music expression inside the block,
with braces once again. Is this correct?

And one more question: are commands such as \new Staff { c d e f } considered as
single music expressions, just like \relative c' {c d e f}?

Thanks for your help.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering