Re: Beat grouping and reverting

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Beat grouping and reverting
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:34:43 +0100

Carl

But how do you revert entries like this:

((end * * 6 8) . #f) ;; switch-off at-any-beat feature

?

Reverting all the other 6/8 entries does not permit beatGrouping
to take effect, and I don't know how or even whether this
entry can be reverted.  If I comment it out beatGrouping works
fine, but not otherwise.  I can't propose editing auto-beam.scm
as a method in the docs.

Entries of this type are present in every set of beam ending
rules, so if they can't be reverted maybe the docs should say
that beatGrouping cannot be used for these 'common' time signatures.

Try this, and you'll see what I mean.

\relative c'' {
\time 6/8
#(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 6 8) 3 8)
#(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 6 8) 1 8)
#(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 6 8) 1 4)
#(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 6 8) 1 2)
#(revert-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 32 6 8) 5 8)
a8 a a a a a
\set beatGrouping = #'(2 2 2)
a8 a a a a a
}