RE: Drum parts and horizontal beams

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Drum parts and horizontal beams
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:26:23 +1100

Is it possible to do the reverse - give every beam a slight slope without
explicitly setting the start and end position of every beam? I have a piece
I'm engraving where because of the shape of the arpeggios (the whole piece
is arpeggios), Lilypond engraves every beam as horizontal, but I actually
think it would look better if every beam was slightly sloped. See the
attached PNG, where I changed the slope of the first beam using \once
\override Beam #'positions = #'(3 . 4), and the second beam uses the
automatic placing. I'd like every beam to have the same slope as the 1st
without having to add a beam position override for every bar. I played
around with overriding the concaveness and damping beam properties without
getting anything but horizontal beams.

Nick