Re: GDP NR 1.6 Staff notation ready for public review

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: GDP NR 1.6 Staff notation ready for public review
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:15:40 -0700

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

> James E. Bailey wrote Monday, October 13, 2008 2:57 PM
>> 3) 1.6.2.1 Everything before \startStaff & \stopStaff seems like stuff
>> from 5.3 (modifying properties). And it seems like the whole section  is
>> there to introduce \stopStaff \startStaff
>
> I agree.  I'll look at moving it there.  In general we
> try to avoid explicit \overrides in Chapter 1, but I
> might leave a few of the more useful ones there, perhaps
> as snippets.

I thought we wanted to leave all of these examples here.  Since they
cover all of the easy-to-tweak properties of StaffSymbol, I think it
would be better to leave it "as-is".  If we want to move the examples
with \override to @snippets, I think it would be more appropriate to
combine them into one or two snippets.

-Patrick