Soundfonts in ps file

From: Paul Hodges
Subject: Soundfonts in ps file
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:29:22 +0100

When I compile a score on my computer at work, the ps file is about six
times the size of the resulting pdf - the difference apparently being
embedded sound fonts.  When I compile the same on my compute at home, the
ps file is ten times bigger again, also apparently due to sound fonts.  I
have several fancy soundcards on my home machine, which I guess is why
the sound fonts are so much bigger there.

I have never used a sound font, or MIDI output.  Is there some way to
suppress this, as on my home computer simply reading the ps file is
materially slowing down the generation of the score?

Paul