Re: insertion of current date in text string

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: insertion of current date in text string
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:50:05 -0500

Wow, I didn't realize you could have the date put in automagically like that! Pretty cool. Is it the Lilypond version number that you want to insert? I don't know how to do it in the subsubtitle, but it always appears in the last footer of the score by default, right? It does in my scores anyway. Not sure how you'd capture that value and use it in the subsubtitle...

Jon

Tom Cloyd wrote:
OK, I've exhausted myself trying to solve another problem

I understand that I can put a current date into a "\header{..." field (or whatever they're called), by doing something like

date = #(strftime "%Y.%m.%d" (localtime (current-time)))

\header{
.
.
.
subsubtitle = \date

BUT, how do I do this:

subsubtitle = { "version " + \date}

I cannot find an example, and haven't been able to figure it out empirically.

t.

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com