Re: Headword for unfretted-strings

From: David Séverin
Subject: Re: Headword for unfretted-strings
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:38:54 -0300

Le Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:08:00 +0100,
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi David
>
> Many thanks for this.  The abbreviations are fine as they are - these
> headwords are not intended to teach anything, they're just to show what is
> possible.  I added midi output (hope that's OK with you - what tempo do you
> suggest?) and pushed to git master so we can see how it looks with the
> formatting imposed by the docs.
>
> Graham
>
> Can I see anywhere what this imposed formatting is for headwords so I can
> try the same formatting locally?

Hello Trevor,

I guess you would like to show how to ask lilypond to produce midi output, but
if
you are interested, I have a live recording by Krzysztof Wagenaar [who created
the
piece, July the 30th, 2007 in Mirecourt, France].

On this recording:

        - the all piece last  8'30" [including 30sec rapid ultimate tuning and
getting the audience 'quiet and ready', until the end with a very impressive
silent
moment at the end [I was there :-), until applause];
        - the first 'measure' last 20";
        - the extract you have last 1'45"

I can produce wav, ogg and/or mp3 files for the 1st 'measure', the extract I
sent you and/or the entire piece [and post it somewhere on the web], let me
know.

From the type setting point of view, I wanted to add a thin line and tiny text
above
the 1st 'measure' saying 'approximately 20", but I couldn't find out how to do
so in
a nice way [done by lilypond, well automatically positioned and dimensioned, so
that
it would also follow future custom adaptation of measure graphical length ...].
If
someone can help me, many thanks.

In the header, in the meter section [lentement], I also wanted to add
'[approximately
8 minutes] but had other [and still have] difficulties to solve before latest
tuning
of these type setting little details.

Practically speaking, the piece allows [furthermore 'demands'] a lot of
initiatives
by the interpreter, who should make it 'his own'.

Cheers,
David