Re: Amendment to the documentation 2.10.33

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Amendment to the documentation 2.10.33
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:02:32 -0600

On 10/6/08 5:32 PM, "David Hatherly" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Section 3.4 of the lilypond manual describes how to produce a multi-part
> score,
> and it also talks about condensing multibar rests.
>
> It would be useful if it was made clear here that the << and >> commands are
> needed in this context - see the message in the user archives at
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-02/msg00275.html.
>
> It took me quite a while to find this solution.

Thank you for your concern, David.

The 2.10 documentation is woefully out of date.  LilyPond 2.12 will be
released very shortly, and the documentation has been dramatically
rewritten.

I recommend that you get the current development version of LilyPond (it is
very stable, probably more so than 2.10) and refer to its documentation.

Carl