Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 00:39:37 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
This is always a good argument (similar things should look similar), however, I think in our case we can afford to use a "nicer" color in the sidebar, since it is already spacially separated from the contents (by having its own column on the left).

I would turn this argument around. Since the side bar is already recognisable as separate, colour need not be used to show that it is separate. (See [1]) This means we are free to use colour to show something else. This is an opportunity. What would the reason for wasting it be?

> > So the TOC panel is (e.g.) pale yellow all over. Navigation bars too. The pale yellow/light brown would make the navbars almost invisible on TFT screens, so I think the current state is much better.

I wasn't *recommending* pale yellow. I was trying to be neutral with respect to hue and therefore quoted - Patrick's colour - as an example. On kainhofer.com it is pale yellow too.
So what/where is the current state?

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-09/msg01002.html

Cheers,
Robin