RE: Shrinking to fit on a single page

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Shrinking to fit on a single page
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 21:53:36 +1000

You could try adding

    between-system-padding = #0.1
    between-system-space = #0.1

And if that's too tight then increase the values.

Or alternatively, you can change the horizontal spacing using
SpacingSpanner. I do this in a couple of my scores to squeeze them onto two
pages so I don't need page turns in the middle of a piece:

\score {
        \new StaffGroup \keepWithTag #'score \music

        \layout {
                \context {
                        \Score
                        \override SpacingSpanner
                        #'common-shortest-duration = #(ly:make-moment 1 2)

Nick