Changing Staff

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Changing Staff
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:56:15 +0200

Hello,

I want to typeset a score and want to keep close to the original in some aspects. The original uses heavly staff changes that look nice to me.

I tried to use the technic from the lilypond manual pg. 189, but I dont know how to place the beams between the staves. Can you tell me how I get closer to the original? http://dj1na.gmxhome.de/bd-0062.JPG

This is my try:

\score {
\new PianoStaff <<
 \new Staff = "up" {