Re: Printing problem with Evince

From: Daniel Hulme
Subject: Re: Printing problem with Evince
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:17:33 +0100

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 07:48:32AM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> I have only a couple of non-free apps on my Ubuntu machines, and Acrobat
> Reader is one of them because of this problem.  :(

As someone else suggested, try kpdf, or use xpdf, which is what I use.
xpdf is not really a modern GUI application, but I always use it from
the command-line anyway. When zoomed out sometimes it causes little gaps
between stems and noteheads, but it prints fine and shows up properly at
reasonable zoom levels.

Usually for printing I just give the PDF to lp, which is the
command-line client for CUPS. (Ubuntu uses CUPS by default, I believe.)
I've never had any problems.

--
“I like talking to Rabbit.  He talks  about sensible things.  He doesn't
use long,  difficult words,  like Owl.  He uses short,  easy words, like