Re: Stemlets and invisible rests

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Stemlets and invisible rests
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 01:21:07 +0200

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>> A couple of comments -- there's no mention of stemlet-length in the 2.10
>> Lilypond internals reference, even though it works for me with 2.10.33:
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Stem
>
> It's in there…  =)
> Don't forget that every grob may inherit from one or more interface — in
> this case, the stem-interface has the stemlet-length property.

Cool. :-)

Would people welcome the idea of adding a little section to the 2.10
manual and 2.11 NR on stemlets?  Seems a worthwhile addition -- it's not
so uncommon to find in scores.  I guess it should include this solution
and also something on the 'repeated notes' notation found in some
scores, e.g.,

{
   \relative c' {
      d32[ \override Voice.NoteHead #'transparent = ##t d d d d d d d]
      \override Voice.NoteHead #'transparent = ##f d8 e f g f e