Re: Stemlets and invisible rests

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Stemlets and invisible rests
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:49:04 +0200

Neil Puttock wrote:
> \override Staff.Stem #'stemlet-length = #0.75 (tweak length to taste)

Brilliant, thank you very much!

A couple of comments -- there's no mention of stemlet-length in the 2.10
Lilypond internals reference, even though it works for me with 2.10.33:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Stem

... and it's rather obscure in the 2.11 doc: there's no mention of
stemlets in the Notation Reference beyond stemlet-length being listed in
Appendix B, and in the Internals Reference.  Is this something that
could/should be added to the NR?

Incidentally, having just tried out 2.11 for the first time while
playing with this snippet, and browsing the various docs, I'm incredibly
impressed.  This is a fabulous effort by all concerned -- many thanks!

On that note -- is there an easy way to have installed and working, on
the same computer, both 2.10 and 2.11 versions of LP?  It would be good
to be able to experiment with the development version while maintaining
the stable version for important work.

Best wishes,

    -- Joe