Re: Questions on beaming and barring

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Questions on beaming and barring
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:38:46 -0400

Hi Nick,

I tested the Mutopia source adelita.ly file with Lilypond 2.11.58

The file was written for Lilypond 2.8.0, and many things have changed since then.

Usually, I would suggest running convert-ly, but that appears not to work on this file for some reason (which I'm too busy to figure out right now) — instead, I manually updated the following function definition for you:

barre = #(define-music-function (parser location padding text shorten) (number? string? pair?)
#{
        \once \override TextSpanner #'dash-fraction = #1
        \once \override TextSpanner #'font-shape = #'upright
        \once \override TextSpanner #'edge-height = #'(0 . 1)
        \once \override TextSpanner #'padding = #$padding
        \once \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'text = #$text
        \once \override TextSpanner #'shorten-pair = $shorten
#})

That should do what you want.

HTH!
Kieren.