strict-grace-spacing Obscures Accidentals

From: musicologist1964
Subject: strict-grace-spacing Obscures Accidentals
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me with the following problem.  The relevant
score is here:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19524320/Grace%2BNote%2BSpacing.pdf
Grace+Note+Spacing.pdf .

The first system is without strict-grace-spacing.  It leaves an ugly gap in
the lower staff between the last B-flat demisemiquaver and the quaver C.  In
the second system, I turn strict-grace-spacing on, which fixes up the
spacing in the lower staff.  However, the E-flat accidental in the grace
notes in the first staff is now obscured.

Any ideas how to fix this?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

My Lilypond source follows.

Cheers,

Garry :)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.11.57"
\include "english.ly"

theMusic =
<<
  \new Staff \relative c
  {
    r4 \grace { bf'16[ c d ef] } f4~ f2
  }

  \new Staff \relative c
  {
    f32 a c ef f g a bf c8 r r2
  }

\new Score
  \theMusic

\new Score \with
{
  \override SpacingSpanner #'strict-grace-spacing = ##t
}
  \theMusic