Re: (Layout nitpick) Time signature irregularities (mainly 9/4)

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: (Layout nitpick) Time signature irregularities (mainly 9/4)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:57:48 +0300

Continued from another topic:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-09/msg00553.html

2008/9/16 Neil Puttock:
> 2008/9/15 Risto Vääräniemi:
>> How did you get that image? In Lilypond or in Fontforge (or something
>> else)? I'd like to see if the numbers in Emmentaler have different
>> bounding boxes because they are not correctly aligned in time
>> signature  (at least on Windoze - on Mac they behave better).
>
> \markup \override #'(box-padding . 0) \rounded-box \musicglyph #"pedal.*"
>
> I'm afraid I can't verify your alignment problems under 2.11.57;
> though I can only test .57 under Windows, I can't see any difference
> between XP SP3 x86 (2.11.57) and Ubuntu x86-64 (compiled from current
> git).  Judging by your images, both time signatures are misaligned,
> since the curve at the base of the `4' isn't visible.
>
> Have you tested 2.11.58 yet?

Yes. I just installed it on my XP SP2 and W2k SP4 and they both give
the same results. :-( I haven't installed .58 on my Mac yet because
the port seems to be broken. On my Fedora Core 6 box (.58) the curve
of the "4" is visible so that seems to be OK.

Strange. I even removed the Emmentaler (and CentShclBk) fonts in my
Win\Fonts folder if they were corrupted somehow. No effect.

I've attached the source and the resulting PDF for you to see.

-Risto

%%%%
\version "2.11.56"

\relative c'
{
    \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'numbered
    \time 9/4
    c2 c c c c4
    \time 3/4
    c2 c4